We are just finishing the fourth week back at school and to say I’m exhausted would be an understatement.
We now have three at school / pre school, so it’s just Seth at home. Elijah only does half a day though so that means school run in the morning then back out just after lunch and then school run again at 3pm.
Also, all our clubs have started up again. Seth has tiny talk and play group during the day, Grace has Gymnastics two nights a week and Reuben has Beavers.
Grace has now moved into key stage two so the work load is harder and the pressure to do more at home is greater. Reuben has more reading to do and now Elijah needs to learn to write his name.
I love being really hands on but gosh it’s all started back with a bang.
To be honest I just feel rubbish. I don’t know if any of you get like this.
You’re not ill, nothings really happened but you just feel on low. That’s how I feel at the moment and I have no motivation for anything. The thought of walking the school everyday makes me want my bed.
I just can’t be bothered to do anything at all. I’m ignoring the ever-growing ironing pile – it can cope with out me for a few days.
You know what though? It’s okay to feel like this sometimes. I’m sure we all have times when we can’t be bothered. When our enthusiasm for life wilts a little. The thought of a blanket and tea is more appealing than making small talk in the play ground.
When I get like this I just go with it. I have a few things that make me feel loads better and normally snap me out of it pretty quickly.
My 5 Top Tips to feel better:
So here they are – a few may work for you too:
- Tea and TV – Nothing beats a hot cup of tea and your favourite TV. Just to escape into another world that isn’t yours even if its just for an hour, or 5 if your watching a box set – oops.
- Chocolate and a hot drink – It’s not very often chocolate doesn’t make you feel better and team it with a hot drink you are on to a winner (can you tell I like hot drinks?). Sharing it with a good friend and having a natter is even better.
- Hot bath with my favourite Lush bath bomb (other brands are available, lol) – Sinking into a bath that is trying to burn your skin off is my favourite way to wash away my dulness. Add in a bath bomb and it really gives me a lift.
- A blanket and a good book – Same as the tv, being able to lose your self in a book is a great way to forget about your self for a bit and fill your mind with another world.
- Getting out in the fresh air away from the hustle and bustle – Getting out for me is what really helps, I’m able to really try to think about why I’m feeling a little low. Also think why and sometimes there isn’t a reason but allowing my self that time to really think about it with fresh air and no traffic noise is like the best medicine.
Everyone has down days and that’s okay, and really normal. You don’t have to have a reason for it, or maybe you do and you need to work through it.
It really helps to take a little time for your self.
It’s okay to not be okay all the time.
Let me know what you do as a little pick me up.